Monday, May 12, 2014

2LT Edwards


I can finally say that I am now a 2LT in the United States Army! I commissioned and graduated this past weekend and the experience was so surreal. Here is a picture of my grandfather and father pinning my LT bars. My mom is making her way to the stage and is in the picture below. I don't think they've ever been more proud of me. I don't think I've ever been more proud of myself.


I'm so thankful that God brought me through my last few classes successfully and allowed my family to share this day with me. So many people showed their support as they drove from various parts of Tennessee to see my ceremony.



These are a few of my really good friends, Jordan and Erica, from high school who have stayed in touch during college and are still a big part of my life today.
 
 
 
 
Not the best quality photo. But this is a picture of me giving my first salute to CSM Nelson, my JROTC instructor from high school who helped me get to be where I am today. Below is a picture us after the ceremony was complete.
 
 
 
I was also grateful that my Aunt and Uncle made the ceremony after a 5 hour drive from Georgia. This is a picture of my aunt and I.
 
 
This is a picture of my commissioning class, along with our professor of military science on the far left, our guest speak LTG Huber, and our university president Dr. Oldham on the far right.
 
 
 
 
 
Below are pictures from graduation. I was really surprised and honored that they announced our names with our new rank as we walked across the stage. I decorated my graduation cap with lovely home state of Tennessee and my first stop for BOLC at Ft. Jackson, SC.
 
 

 
 



Today is also a special day. It marks my first day of active duty. This week, I will be going out to the field with ROTC to help them evaluate cadets during their tactical missions and it will be a longgggg week. But I'm counting my blessings because it is a great opportunity that many were not offered. Hopefully I'll be able to take a few pictures there and make a post once I get back. Leaving in 5 hours.

~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment